- Obama delivered a powerful euology
- Three former presidents, Obama, Bush, and Clinton, spoke at Lewis' funeral, Obama, Bush, and Clinton
- Singer Jennifer Holliday sang at the funeral service at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta
- Bill Clinton tells about when he first met John Lewis
- Former President Obama said to "vote"!
(Noted News) — Former President Barack Obama delivered the eulogy at John Lewis’s funeral in Atlanta today, calling Mr. Lewis an “American whose faith was tested again and again to produce a man of pure joy and unbreakable perseverance.” The civil rights leader is being laid to rest in Atlanta, the city he represented in Congress for more than three decades.
Crowds gathered to view John Lewis’s coffin at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta. Presidents Bush and Clinton also spoke at the funeral, and former President Obama reminded everyone to vote, and said “America was built by John Lewises.”